The Nisshinbo Group discloses its CSR-related activities on its website to report them to a broad range of stakeholders.
1. Period Covered
In principle, centers on fiscal 2020* (January 1, 2020–December 31, 2020).
* Following the approval of the “Partial Change of the Articles of Incorporation” at the 175th General Meeting of Shareholders held on June 28, 2018, the Company changed the fiscal year-end from March 31 to December 31, starting in the fiscal year that ended in December 2018. As a result, the consolidated fiscal year that ended in December 2018 was a transitional period with an irregular fiscal year adjusted for changes in the fiscal periods of the Company and consolidated subsidiaries as follows: the Company and consolidated subsidiaries switching from fiscal years ending in March (nine-month consolidation from April 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018); consolidated subsidiaries switching from fiscal years.
The report covers Nisshinbo Holdings Inc. and its 106 consolidated subsidiaries.
3. Guidelines Used for Reference
• Environmental Reporting Guidelines 2018, Japan’s Ministry of the Environment
• Environmental Accounting Guidelines 2005, Japan's Ministry of the Environment
• Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, version 4.0, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
The Nisshinbo Group is revising the content it discloses in its integrated reports and on its website to meet the disclosure requirements listed in Environmental Reporting Guidelines 2018, published by the Ministry of the Environment on June 29, 2018.
Items to be reported according to Environmental Reporting Guidelines 2018
|(1) Top management’s commitments|
|(3) Stakeholder engagement|
|(4) Risk management|
|(5) Business model|
|(6) Value chain management|
|(7) Long-term vision|
|(9) Methodology fort identifying material environmental issues|
|(10) The entity’s material environmental issues|
|Management orientation||Soundness of the organizational structure||Environmental performance information|