Message from the President

Message from the President

Amid today’s major movement
toward decarbonization,
the Nisshinbo Group is contributing
to solving environmental challenges
as an Environment and Energy Company.

Amid today’s major movement toward decarbonization, the Nisshinbo Group is contributing to solving environmental challenges as an Environment and Energy Company.

A tremendous shift toward decarbonization is now under way worldwide. Last year, the Japanese government announced a plan of “decarbonization up to 2050." This year the new Administration in the United States has signed a return to the Paris Agreement, setting targets for zero emission. I feel that the Nisshinbo Group's business has reached an era when it is in the spotlight more than ever.

Since its inception, the Nisshinbo Group, whose corporate philosophy is "Change and Challenge! For the creation of the future of Earth and People," has been guided by the concept of the company as a public entity that contributing to society is companies’ reason for being, and that contribution is the engine that drives their growth. As a corporate Group that contributes to society, Nisshinbo regards the protection of the global environment as its top-priority social issue. Without a healthy global environment, neither society nor the economy can exist. Guided by this corporate philosophy, our business policy is to realize a super-smart society as an Environment and Energy Company Group. We are advancing our business accordingly.

日清紡グループに根付くESGの精神

The Nisshinbo Group creates environmental and social value by generating a variety of products that contribute to the environment, safety, and security. These include sensors, electronic devices, motor-vehicle brakes, fuel-cell materials, and CARBODILITE® , a functional chemical essential for the production of biodegradable resin products and water-based paints, as well as a group of products for disaster prevention and disaster reduction. At the same time, we have worked to expand our governance system, which is the foundation of our management, anticipating the demands of society. I understand that ESG was positioned at the center of Nisshinbo's management strategy even before the term "ESG management" came into frequent use. We believe that our product groups and efforts themselves will also contribute significantly to achieving the targets of the (Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

日清紡グループ企業理念

We will continue to move forward as an Environment and Energy Company Group, promoting our business around the three Strategic Business Domains of Mobility, Infrastructure and Safety, and Life and Health Care. In this process, we will not only develop and provide products that contribute to a sustainable society, as we have done so far, but also expand our business domains by developing service businesses that use the technologies and products we have honed in manufacturing. Innovation is needed to transform our business model, and we intend to push forward vigorously in two key area: Digital Transformation (DX) and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I).

Digital Transformation (DX) is described in detail in the Integrated Report別ウィンドウ表示.

For details of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), please refer to the Diversity & Inclusion Webpage.

The Nisshinbo Group's Long-term Environmental Targets for fiscal year ended December 2030 are “Increase ratio of products that contribute to sustainable society to 70% or more of total sales”, “Reduce greenhouse gas emissions per unit of sales by 25% or more compared with fiscal year ended March 2015”, “Improve recycling ratio to 95% or more”, and “Reduce water usage per unit of sales by 70% or more compared with fiscal year ended March 2015.” Through the technological capabilities and innovations we create through our diverse human resources, we will continue to contribute to achieving SDGs while achieving our own goals, as well as solving our customers’ social and environmental challenges.

March 2021
村上雅洋
Masahiro Murakami
Representative Director and President, Nisshinbo Holdings Inc.