CSR Procurement Basic Policy
The Nisshinbo Group's Contributions to the SDGs
The Nisshinbo Group is committed to contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by presenting the Group's Basic CSR Purchasing Policy both at home and abroad. Key performance indicators (KPIs) are managed and planned measures taken to achieve the Group's Mid-Term CSR Targets regarding "Implementing Improvements in CSR Procurement in Collaboration with Suppliers."
Core SDGs Goals and Targets and the activities of the Nisshinbo Group
The Nisshinbo Group regards SDG 16.5 as a core target, and is promoting CSR-oriented purchasing activities on that basis. We will clearly communicate our policies to our suppliers and promote CSR procurement initiatives throughout the supply chain.
16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms.
The seven key principles listed below were formulated to further clarify the basic policy for CSR oriented procurement under aspects such as legal compliance, fair trade, information security, environment protection, human rights, safety & health, and quality & safety.
- To strictly observe all legal obligations and social norms
- To always pursue business in a sound and fair manner
- To properly manage all information
- To give due consideration to protection of the environment
- To respect all basic human rights
- To strive for a secure and healthy living and working environment
- To aim to ensure the quality and safety of all products and services
We ask our suppliers to adhere to these policies to promote CSR activities throughout the entire supply chain.