Business Conduct Guidelines of the Nisshinbo Group
Revised Dec. 1, 2016
These Business Conduct Guidelines of the Nisshinbo Group are guidelines for specific conduct that all officers and employees of the Nisshinbo Group are expected to comply with. The top executives of Nisshinbo Group companies recognize that it is their responsibility to implement these Guidelines and to create an effective implementation framework. In case of grave violation of these Guidelines, these top executives will resolve the situation at their own responsibility.
*The Nisshinbo Group Business Conduct Guidelines are in compliance with Charter of Corporate Behavior of Keidanren (Japan Business Federation).
- We comply with laws, regulations, and other rules applied in countries and regions throughout the world related to antitrust issues, fair competition, and fair trade, and we act with good social judgment.
- We do not participate in cartels or bid rigging or engage in deceptive labeling or illegal acquisition of confidential information.
- We do not abuse our dominant position to force our business partners into a disadvantageous position.
- We do not offer or accept entertainment or gifts that are against common sense or sound business practice. Moreover, we do not use our position within the Nisshinbo Group for personal gain.
- We do not offer entertainment or gifts that could be construed as payoffs or favors given to gain illicit business benefits to politicians, government officials, or equivalent persons in our home country or overseas.
- To support international peace and security, we engage in appropriate transactions and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in each country in our importing and exporting activities.
- We do not divulge to others confidential information of the Nisshinbo Group or that of third parties acquired in the course of our business and do not use such information for purposes other than business operations.
- We protect and manage our intellectual property rights and do not infringe those of third parties.
- We do not engage in insider trading or divulge information that could lead to insider trading to family, friends, or others.
- We strictly control personal information and do not disclose it to third parties without a legitimate reason.
- We have no ties in any aspect of our business activities with any antisocial forces or organizations that pose a threat to the order and security of society.
- We comply with the regulations and standards in our home country and overseas related to environmental preservation, and we proactively set voluntary control standards for our business activities.
- We assess the environmental impact* of our products over their entire lifecycle and create technologies, products, and services that contribute to the creation of a sustainable society.
- We set up environmental management systems throughout the entire Nisshinbo Group and endeavor to preserve the global environment by conserving energy and resources, promoting the reduction and recycling of waste, decreasing the emission of substances that cause global warming or environmental pollution, and taking biodiversity measures.
- We raise the environmental awareness of all members of the Nisshinbo Group through environmental education and consciousness-building activities.
- We take measures to preserve ecosystems, including activities to enhance the environment around our plants and offices and to add greenery that complements the local environment.
*Environmental impact is any change to the environment, whether adverse or beneficial, wholly or partially resulting from an organization's activities or products or services.
- We respect the diversity, character, and individuality of each person and do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, birth, or social status.
- We engage in nondiscriminatory practices regarding opportunity and treatment in employment, thereby creating a dynamic workplace environment where a diverse range of people can flourish.
- We do not engage in harassment, bullying, or any other action that violates human rights.
- We do not tolerate forced labor, child labor, or any other inhumane treatment of any form whatsoever.
- We comply with regulations and standards in our home country and overseas related to occupational safety and health and place top priority on safety in our business activities.
- We implement systematic industrial accident prevention activities throughout the entire Nisshinbo Group, promote the mental and physical health maintenance of each employee, and create a safe and pleasant workplace environment.
- We follow established work procedures and always pay meticulous attention to ensure that we do not cause accidents.
- When an accident or disaster occurs, we do our best to minimize damage while placing maximum priority on human life, and we endeavor to prevent recurrence.
- We earn the satisfaction and trust of stakeholders by developing and providing products and services that are safe and beneficial for society.
- We engage in product manufacturing that is focused on safety throughout the product lifecycle, from development, procurement, and manufacture through sale, use, after-service, and disposal.
- We comply with relevant regulations and standards in our home country and overseas to ensure the safety of products and services and endeavor at our own initiative to reach higher targets.
- We provide accurate and easy-to-understand information regarding the safe and correct use of our products and services.
- If there is a chance that an accident or trouble related to our products or services could impact customer safety, we quickly disclose the facts and take prompt and appropriate action.
- We set up systems to control the quality and safety of our products and services, and we thoroughly instill product safety awareness among our employees.
- We offer equal opportunity to all companies in our home country and overseas and engage in fair and transparent transactions.
- We respect our business counterparts as equal partners and aim to achieve mutual growth and development through solid business relations.
- We comply with laws, regulations, and social norms and engage in procurement activities with full consideration to our social responsibilities, including compliance, environmental preservation, human rights, workplace safety, and control of the quality and safety of our products and services.