Fair Operating Practices
Based on its Philosophy of Public Entity and Consistent Integrity, the Nisshinbo Group takes a fair and good-faith stance toward its mission to better society through business. To this end, we have established and require compliance with the Business Conduct Guidelines of the Nisshinbo Group. We aim to earn the trust of society through our fair operating practices.
- We comply with laws, regulations, and other rules applied in countries and regions throughout the world related to antitrust issues, fair competition, and fair trade, and we act with good social judgment.
- We do not participate in cartels or bid rigging or engage in deceptive labeling or illegal acquisition of confidential information.
- We do not abuse our dominant position to force our business partners into a disadvantageous position.
- We do not offer or accept entertainment or gifts that are against common sense or sound business practice. Moreover, we do not use our position within the Nisshinbo Group for personal gain.
- We do not offer entertainment or gifts that could be construed as payoffs or favors given to gain illicit business benefits to politicians, government officials, or equivalent persons in our home country or overseas.
- To support international peace and security, we engage in appropriate transactions and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in each country in our importing and exporting activities.
- We do not divulge to others confidential information of the Nisshinbo Group or that of third parties acquired in the course of our business and do not use such information for purposes other than business operations.
- We protect and manage our intellectual property rights and do not infringe those of third parties.
- We do not engage in insider trading or divulge information that could lead to insider trading to family, friends, or others.
- We strictly control personal information and do not disclose it to third parties without a legitimate reason.
- We have no ties in any aspect of our business activities with any antisocial forces or organizations that pose a threat to the order and security of society.
- We offer equal opportunity to all companies in our home country and overseas and engage in fair and transparent transactions.
- We respect our business counterparts as equal partners and aim to achieve mutual growth and development through solid business relations.
- We comply with laws, regulations, and social norms and engage in procurement activities with full consideration to our social responsibilities, including compliance, environmental preservation, human rights, workplace safety, and control of the quality and safety of our products and services.
(From the Business Conduct Guidelines of the Nisshinbo Group)